Evangelism & Church Growth
- Affirms the primacy of disciple making as the goal of Jesus' gospel commission.
- Recommends affirmation for pastors who conduct active outreach programs and especially those who successfully involve their church members.
- Encourages creative evangelism strategies that, while Christ-centered, are custom tailored to the community surrounding the local congregations.
- Requests ministerial secretaries to sponsor meetings between pastors and their boards and members to discuss new ideas for better, more creative, soul-winning methods.
- Promotes a balanced outreach approach which integrates the best elements of public evangelism into the weekly worship services.
- Emphasizes laity training programs to identify spiritual gifts and to equip the members for evangelistic outreach.
- Devises culturally based incentive programs and recognition strategies to inspire increased morale and professional creativity.
- Provides resource materials to expand the boundaries of creative thinking regarding evangelistic methods.